Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


So I FINALLY read The Hunger Games! I've been waiting for so long to read this book and when I was at book club on Friday I bought it! Anyway...

Story:

Sixteen year old, Katniss Everdeen has lived in District 12 for her whole life. She lives in a place called the Seam where they don't have a lot of food and have to find whatever food they can. So, she and her friend, Gale, hunt illegally in the woods outside of the fence that blocks off District 12 from the forest. Well, one day they have to come home early because every year there is one day called the reaping where two names, one boy and one girl, are drawn from every district to compete in the Hunger Games. The Hunger Games are where two people from every district are put in a huge arena and have to fight to the death. So, what will Katniss do when someone she loves is drawn to participate in these awful games?

This is an amazing book that I could not put down. I give it a solid five out of five, probably even higher... Go check it out!

Thanks for reading,

Zibz

No comments:

Post a Comment