
Sorry that I haven't posted anything out here for a while :( but I just finished reading this book! It's the sequel to The Hunger Games and it was SO good!!
Story: (If you haven't read The Hunger Games this will contain spoilers...)
After becoming victors of the Hunger Games, Peeta and Katniss are moved into luxurious houses in the Victors Village where they get enough food to feed the district for a year in one week and everything else they could ever ask for. But halfway through the year, they have to tour all the districts because the Capitol wants everyone to see the winners of the Hunger Games. And President Snow spoke to Katniss in private, telling her that if she makes one mistake he'll have all the people she loves killed. As they tour the different districts odd events occur, in District 11 everyone makes a show of respect to Katniss (while in the Hunger Games, Katniss had sat with one of District 11's tributes while she died, covered her in flowers and gave her a show of respect in front of the cameras). When they get back to 12 Katniss over hears that an uprising has begun in one of the districts. As more of the story progresses, a horrible plot twist throws Peeta and Katniss into the middle of more Hunger Games trouble and an enormous uprising against the Capitol.
I could not put this book down! It was totally amazing. While I didn't like the cliff hanger ending, the rest of the book pulled me in and never let me go! The characters, like in the first book, were lovable, brave and just all around amazing! I would give this book at least 5 out of 5 stars, it was so good! If you haven't already read The Hunger Games I suggest you go get it ASAP!
Thanks for reading
~Zibz
No comments:
Post a Comment