
Hey, so, I wasn't sure if this book was going to be that great, but, it was actually pretty good!
Story:
Bree Tanner was your average 14 year old runaway in Seattle, that is, until she met Riley, the nice, understanding guy who bought her food when she was on the brink of starvation. Though she expected he would want payment for his kindness, she had no idea what he really had in mind. Now, three months into life as a vampire in Riley's coven, Bree meets Diego. He's different then the rest, not completely focused on getting blood and hunting. Living in a house of newborn vampires is dangerous, always having to watch your back in case someone gets mad and decides to rip off a limb or two. But, with Diego, Bree feels relaxed, even safe, for the first time in three months. They form a two person group which they name "The Ninja Club" and spend any time they can together. They also figure out that Riley has been lying, and that their supposed to take on an older, more experienced coven of yellow-eyed vampires. Diego and Bree plan to figure it out together, but when Diego goes missing - apparently scouting ahead for the attack - and Bree gets an offer to run from the rest of the coven, up to Vancouver, will the two friends be able to keep The Ninja Club together?
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book, since it's a companion novel of the Twilight Saga and companion books aren't normally my favorite things to read. Also, I'd already formed my opinions about the characters, having read about them in Eclipse. But, as it turned out, I was pleasantly surprised. This book doesn't rank as one of my favorites, but there's a possibility of me reading it again. The characters were lovable, and the plot line was engaging. I'd rate this as a 3.5 out of five and recommend it to all the "Twi-hards" out there. :D
thanks for reading!
Zibz
Wait, it was good? And here I thought it was a book for marketing purposes. Will I be able to read it and not make fun of it?
ReplyDeleteYeah, actually, i think you might like it more than the original series. Bree and Diego are pretty amazing, not to mention Freaky Fred, who kinda makes my life :D you should definitely read it!
ReplyDeleteIt's not hard to like it more than the normal stuff ;) But thanks, I'll check it out!
ReplyDelete*ignores Twilight slamming comment* yeah, you should definitely read it, i might be able to lend it to you, but i'm not sure if jenny is going to be reading it or not.... hmm...
ReplyDeleteAw I'm being ignored now? *put hand on heart dramatically* How could you do this to me?! I'm gonna go cry in the corner now... :'(
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, I suppose I'll still give you your b-day present despite this cruelty :D