I've been anxiously awaiting the release of this book for, oh, probably the last year. The countdown clocks have been saved and bookmarked on my computer and, yes, I frequent the fan pages. What can I say? I love The Mortal Instruments and this is the beginning of an amazing prequel trilogy! Have I mentioned it's awesome?Story:
After having lost everything, Tessa Gray boards the Main and heads to England to live with her brother. She's picked up on the docks by a pair of strange women and their equally creepy coachman who produce a note from her brother assuring her that Mrs. Black and Mrs. Dark (a.k.a. the Dark Sisters) are his friends and can be trusted. Tessa doesn't feel right about them, but she trusts her brother and leaves with the sisters. She then spends the next six weeks kidnapped by the sisters and is forced to learn how to use a shape shifting power she never knew she possessed in order to keep them from killing her brother. On the night the Dark Sisters are going to introduce her to a man named the Magister who is supposed to become her new husband, Tessa is rescued. Shadowhunters attack the Dark House and save Tessa from the Sisters. Thus begins another journey where Tessa is introduced to the Shadow World and makes it her mission to destroy the Magister and save her brother from an horrible fate.
"So you're saying I am right. This is what is real, and the life I had before was the dream."
"That is correct...And now it is time to wake up"
I couldn't put this book down, I read it in about two or three days, stopping only for the occasional lunch break. The characters are so incredibly lovable that I now feel like I've lost some great friends by finishing the story. I highly HIGHLY recommend it to pretty much anyone who loves fantasy. This book ranks around 1000 out of 5... yes, folks, it's possible.
Thanks for reading,
zibz
No comments:
Post a Comment