Thursday, September 30, 2010

Burned by PC Cast and Kristin Cast


I've been waiting for quite some time to read this book and - YIPPEE!! - I finally got to it! It's the seventh book in The House of Night series, so if you haven't already read the other five and are planning to, you might not want to read the summary. Anyway - it's a great series!

Story: (again, don't say I didn't warn you about the spoilers)

After having her soul shattered, Zoey is trapped, seemingly permanently in the Otherworld with Heath. The Otherworld is a limbo between life and death that Zoey's friends are determined to save her from. "The Nerd Herd" is frantic, Stark is enraged, Aphrodite is as annoying as usual and Neferet, of course, has a plan. She wants Zoey gone, and what better way to do that then to make sure that she never returns from the Otherworld? Sending Kalona's spirit after Zoey to the Otherworld, Neferet concocts yet another evil plot, one that could end everything that Zoey and her friends have been working towards. With no other options, Stark is forced to follow Kalona in order to protect Zoey from the dangers that lurk within the shadows of the Otherworld. In a race against time, will Stark be able to free Zoey from eternal wandering in the seemingly peaceful world of death?

This book was pretty darn good - I have to say that I had my doubts about the authors ability to continue the story after six books, but they definitely proved me wrong! The characters are as lovable as always, the plot is engaging and, like all the House of Night books, it was difficult to put down. I give it a strong 4 out of 5 and highly recommend it to all the vampire lovers out the vampire lovers out there!

Thanks for reading!
zibz



No comments:

Post a Comment