Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen


Alright, so, I know I said that normally I'm all fantasy, all the time. Well, basically that's true, except for Sarah Dessen books. She's an amazing realistic fiction writer and you'll probably be seeing a lot of her books on here if you're following my blog. Anyway, I just read another one of her books called Lock and Key and it was, like all of her books, amazing!


Story:

So Ruby has always had to take care of herself. Her parents are divorced and her dad sort of disappeared after it happened, her mom is drunk most of the time and her sister left the family ten years earlier and never contacted them again. Then, only about six months before she turns 18, her mom leaves. Ruby comes home one day to find her mom gone. She doesn't worry a lot at first, her mom leaves multiple times for a couple days at a time and then comes back after her money runs out, or her latest boyfriend dumps her. But weeks pass with no word from her, pretty soon, Ruby's landlords figure out that her mom is gone and call social services. Ruby ends up living with her sister, Cora, and her sister's husband, Jamie. The first night, she decides that she has to get out of the huge, luxurious house and tries to jump the fence, only to come face to face with Nate, the boy that lives next door. It turns out that she and Nate are in the same grade, they slowly, but surely become friends and Ruby is shocked to learn the secret that Nate is desperately trying to hide.


This is a great book I give it a solid five out of five... maybe even six, she's an amazing author! Sarah Dessen makes it really easy to fall in love with the characters in all of her books. So, if you like this story, I would also recommend, well, any of her books...
Thanks for reading!

~Zibz

No comments:

Post a Comment