Monday, November 9, 2009

Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen


So, yep, it's another Sarah Dessen book. As I said in my Lock and Key post, she's one of my favorite - actually no, she is my favorite, author. And, FUN FACT I did my book report for English on this book! I know, you really wanted to know that, anyway...


Story:

Alright, Halley and Scarlett have been best friends from basically the moment they met. They've each had their own role in the friendship, always keeping it perfectly balanced. But, when Halley is at summer camp, the perfect harmony begins to slip when Scarlett's boyfriend is killed in a motorcycle accident. Just as Scarlett is sort of getting over her boyfriends death, she finds out that she's carrying his baby. Scarlett's mom wants her to get an abortion, but Scarlett refuses, saying that she wants her baby. So, she and Halley get down to business, but, during the more than stressful time, Halley meets Macon, a funny, nice guy who she starts dating. She also has to deal with her controlling mother and her dad, who's radio station has suddenly gotten extremely popular. But, through it all, Halley and Scarlett will make it through together.


I actually read this book for book club last month, but, well, I didn't have my blog back then. So, I felt I had to put it out here now, seeing as it's one of my favorite books. It ranks a solid five, and I'm planning on re-reading it soon! If you like this book, check out some of Sarah Dessen's other novels, they're awesome!


Thanks for reading,


Zibz

No comments:

Post a Comment