Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Blink by Ted Dekker


So, I finally finished the book I've been reading for what seems like ages!!! It was different than anything I'd read before. A combination of religion and science fiction... Anyway, here's the story.

Story:

Seth Border is a student at Berkley College with an I.Q. even higher than Einstein's. Miriam is a Saudi Arabian princess who is soon going to be forced to marry a horrible man in order for the man's (his name is Omar) dad to take over the government. Miriam's friend convinces her to run away, and with lots of planning she escapes Saudi Arabia and goes to California. Once she gets there, the lady she is staying with takes her to a party in honor of Seth's achievements. Miriam leaves the auditorium just as Seth is getting up to speak. And then Seth sees the future. He sees Miriam being cornered and either shot or beaten in the bathroom. Seth runs out of the auditorium and bursts into the bathroom in just enough time to hide himself and Miriam in one of the stalls. This strange meeting brings the two together in an exciting story about love, adventure and religion.

I would give Blink a strong four out of five. It was a great story and I absolutely loved the scenes written about Seth and Miriam, the parts written in Saudi Arabia or about some of the other characters didn't hold my attention as well but they were still very exciting!

Thanks for reading!

~Zibz

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my all time favorite books. I love the plot twists, and the characters are very well developed. Miriam finds the strength and courage to leave an intolerable situation, and meets Seth halfway across the globe. Seth appears to be completely unbalanced at first, but she soon comes to trust him. This is one book that I found almost impossible to put down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked it, too, especially the parts with Miriam and Seth. The fact that they were constantly on the move made it very exciting. Also, even though it was told in past tense, it wasn't told in first person which I thought was exciting, too, because that made it so you didn't know if the characters would live through the whole book.
    Thanks for commenting!
    ~Zibz

    ReplyDelete