
Alright, so normally, I'm a hardcore fantasy reader, but, the occasional realistic fiction books sometimes happen across my radar, this would be one of those rare few. It's a great book with an engaging plot line and expertly mixed in humor to spice up the already hot plot line.
Story:
Two high school seniors, Eric and Max, and a college freshman, Schwarz, along with a messed up, want-to-be valedictorian, Lex, decide to hack Harvard. That's right, Harvard. See, Eric used to be friends with this girl who was positively brilliant. She applied to all these different schools and, in return, got all sorts of rejection letters that nobody saw coming. The next day, she had a mental breakdown and was sent to a hospital. Eric wants payback. Plus, Max wanted to make some good money from a bet he made stating that they could get a burn out into Harvard to prove that the acceptance system was messed up. Lex wants to do something great, even if they can't tell anyone about it afterward. And Schwarz? He basically does whatever Max does, and if that means hacking his own school, well, so be it. But as they go through the months of prep and training, they realize that the stakes are much higher then they originally appeared to be.
This book gets a four out of five stars in my opinion. Once I started reading it, I had a hard time putting it down, not just because of the exciting, fast moving plot line, but because I could really connect with the characters. I would highly recommend this to anyone that likes realistic fiction and comedy.
Also, one of my amazing best friends, Sev, has her own blog. She's an amazing author, loves her books with a passion and writes great reviews of them. Check out her blog at http://www.sevtheauthor.blogspot.com/
Thanks for reading,
Zibz
I am intrigued by your description of this book and will likely read it. Thanks for doing a review.
ReplyDeleteNo problem! Thanks for reading it! :)
ReplyDelete