Monday, November 2, 2009

Tempted by P.C. and Kristin Cast


So I first got into this series last year when my friend sort of shoved the first book at me and said "Read. Now." And, I have to admit, I really wasn't excited about reading it, it looked dark and freaky, but, she'd used her stern voice so, reluctantly, I read. Well, I loved it. And, the sixth book, Tempted, just came out, so, naturally, I bought it the day it was released (what? I love books!).


Story:

It's the sixth installment of The House Of Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast. Basically, this book revolves around four main themes, friendship, honesty (or lack thereof), love, and loyalty. Zoey has to figure out what to do after seemingly defeating the evil immortal, Kalona, and all of his evil Raven Mockers (basically his assistants). With her warrior, Stark, at her side along with her best friends, Stevie Rae, Aphrodite, Erin, Shaunee, Damien and Jack, she must figure out how to handle the reappearance of Kalona and the growing dishonesty among their own tightly knit friend group.


This book recieves four out of five stars in my opinion. It really grabs your attention and holds it, but the only reason I wasn't bawling at the end was because I was to shocked. Later, I saw the book and burst into tears... But, it's a great story.


The series: Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, Hunted, Tempted and, coming out sometime in May 2010, Burned


Thanks for reading!

Zibz

2 comments:

  1. Huh. You got recommended to the series the same way I did. How strange ;)
    Currently, I'm reading the series as well so now I do have to ask;
    Which House of Night book is your favorite? So far anyway. Cool blog by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Serentity,
    You're right, that is super strange, haha! :)
    I think so far, I have two favorites, Hunted and Tempted. I think Hunted had the best ending out of all of them, it wasn't as cliff hanger-ish as the rest, but Tempted has the most of my favorite character, Stark, in it. So, those are my two favorites. How far are you in the series?

    ~Zibz

    ReplyDelete